Madison Capital's "merchant banking" approach involves Madison taking a principal position in a transaction through a capital investment or imputed equity while raising outside capital. Madison makes these investments in order to:
- Help supply the necessary capital to bring a project to the stage where institutional capital can be funded.
- Align its interests with those of the client.
- Demonstrate for institutional investors Madison's confidence in the transaction.
- Achieve superior risk-adjusted returns for Madison and its investors.
- As an investment partner, Madison can bring one or more of the following:
- Risk Capital
- Financial Structuring and Negotiating Expertise
- Organizational Support